onsemi is seeking a new college Electrical Engineering graduate to join the Mobile, Computing and Cloud conversion BU as an Applications Engineer. This job will be based out of Phoenix, AZ. As an Applications Engineer you will be part of a fast-paced applications team that defines and validates mixed-signal power management ICs. This job involves a healthy mixture of theoretical analysis of power converters, simulation & practical bench work. Further, it also includes constant interaction with customers and onsemi employees based out of Europe & Asia and will involve some travel to support customers across the globe.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate and validate new power management ICs for Ac-Dc conversion.
- Learn various simulation tools, layout techniques and microcontroller programming.
- Build evaluation boards and write application notes.
- Work closely with technical marketing to create marketing collateral & attend tradeshows.
- Support design-in activities and sustain the product throughout the product life cycle.
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Internship experience/strong academic project work in power electronics
- Exposure to embedded C and microcontroller programming is a plus
- Knowledge of control theory, power electronics, analog, and digital electronics
- Strong labview experience is a must.
- Exposure to SPICE & MATLAB or equivalent is desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.