The Accounts Payable Specialist III is responsible for the processing and payments for vendor invoices and other financial obligations in accordance with SW Key internal accounting policies. The Accounts Payable III position is also responsible for the financial analysis with project cost tracking and forecasting.
- Process submitted invoices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviews statements and invoices to verify amounts owed.
- Maintains and reconciles the accounts payable ledger.
- Coordinate and support the Finance Department in various projects.
- Able to read & interpret contracts related to rates, travel, per diem and discounts as necessary to support audit.
- Research and resolve discrepancies related to billing summaries.
- Handle vendor correspondences as needed to settle billing issues.
- Match corresponding invoices with purchase orders and supporting documentation to receive invoices.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the team as needed.
- Process all travel expenses for the assigned areas of the organization to meet deadlines
- Oversee Procurement Card program for the organization. Process P-Card transactions for Southwest Key employees.
- Communicate with company personnel and vendors in a professional manner.
- Handle issues regarding travel and P-Card with company personnel and credit card company
- Ensure accurate invoice entries in the accounting systems and software
- Adhere to the accounting policies and procedures set forth by the organization.
- May supervise the AP Specialist I and II if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to adapt to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates Degree with 2-4 years of accounting experience, preferably in accounts payable or Bachelors Degree with 0-2 year’s experience working in Accounts Payable
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and be detail oriented
- Need to have strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and client files
- Work well independently and with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet accounting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form. Must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment in the course of performing job functions. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.