Underground Solutions, Inc (“UGSI”)., an Aegion Company, is seeking an Applications Engineer to support our PVC fusion and pipe technologies. The position will be based out of our Poway, CA headquarters.
UGSI is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in the water infrastructure and electrical conduit market, with a portfolio of proprietary and patented technologies targeting water and wastewater infrastructure improvement and undergrounding of electrical conduit. For more information about UGSI, please visit our website at www.undergroundsolutions.com
Applications Engineers are responsible for generating technical proposals, cost estimates and submittals to consulting engineers, utilities, and contractors. Detailed plan and specification reviews and take-offs are also a primary responsibility along with order processing within our CRM. Applications Engineers handle a multitude of varied projects with minimal supervision in an organized and time-efficient manner. Jobsnow
- B.S. degree in Engineering. Specifically, Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum GPA: 0
- Good communications skills are required due to the strong commercial element of the work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Candidates should be ambitious self-starters with a strong work ethic, good organizational skills, attention to detail, and dedication to a team environment.
- One to two years prior work experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Interest in sales with increased product knowledge
- Interest in technical paper writing
Qualified applicants should submit their resume AND transcripts when applying.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested