Supply Chain Continuous Improvement
Job Posting Title:
Continuous Improvement Manager
Serves as a leadership partner to implement/sustain the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure (TMOS). Leads projects to review supply chain processes and related areas by applying advanced continuous improvement principles and practices to improve products, quality, efficiency, financials, operations, and related areas. Responsibilities may include participating with management to prioritize project initiation, developing project objectives, facilitating teams, leading the implementation of project results and tracking project results.
- Serves as a both tactical and strategic partner with the site leadership team and process owners to implement/sustain the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure and ensure standard manufacturing processes are in place.
- Monitors and supports key metrics and KPIs for overall supply chain performance and process effectiveness within the site. Supports/coaches KPI owners in completion of gap analyses, identification and implementation of corrective actions, and assessment to ensure that gap is closed
- Serves as a strategic partner with the division continuous improvement leader to maintain alignment and compliance with the TreeHouse continuous improvement strategy and division/enterprise initiatives.
- Leads a portfolio of projects and team(s) in the review and analysis of moderate to large supply chain processes to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Identifies supply chain process requirements, improvement opportunities and best practices for site, ensuring alignment with TreeHouse Management Operating Structure. Leads replication activities for the site.
- Participates with management to leverage site data to prioritize projects, define project requirements, scope, resources, team members, tasks, and project owners.
- Acts as the primary owner for identifying the need for change/improvement and plays is point person for managing business process change for the site on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as a culture change agent by leveraging influential authority with employees and stakeholders to accelerate program deliverables that may cross geographic and/or functional boundaries. Models behavior expected of leaders in the TreeHouse Management Operating Structure.
- Leads meetings to review and examine project completion, obstacles, problem resolution, timelines, recommendations, and conclusions. Issues summary reports on regular basis.
- Leads or performs analyses that involve the application of advanced continuous improvement principles and practices, such as reviewing the flow of product or information, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, preparing findings, and developing recommendations and conclusions.
- Partners with site management and process owners to implement new processes or guidelines, determine improvements, identify and track savings, develop reports, and receive approval when required.
- Assists with training and coaching others to build organizational self-sufficiency with continuous improvement methods and tools.
- Provide support as necessary to other TreeHouse facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Strong situational leadership skills to influence all levels of the organization within the plant location.
- Capable of building strong relationships with Operations leaders in order to effect change.
- High level of credibility and influence among hourly associates in site.
- Must have a bias for action and a track record of delivering results.
- Self-starter to lead change and make independent and informed decisions.
- Personal traits–progressive, adaptable, flexible, high-energy, mature, strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills to assess needs, understanding issues, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Able to become the Continuous Improvement go-to person for the site and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Able to design, develop, and deploy improvement strategies that support TreeHouse, divisional, and site strategic objectives.
- Able to become the subject matter expert for supply chain processes for the site and continuously create the future state.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to represent site continuous improvement activities.
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other applicable applications such as Microsoft Project, Minitab, etc..
- Minimum 2 years plant based manufacturing experience, previous project management experience and continuous improvement skills training.
- Ability to relocate preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree Required – Type: Operations, Engineering, Management or related field.
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1