Central Valley Animal Hospital In Rainbow City, Al is looking for a full time vet assistant. We have been serving our community with exceptional veterinary care that includes routine and orthopedic surgeries, dentals, physical and water therapy, digital x-rays, ultrasonography, laser therapy, wellness plans, boarding, and grooming for over 40 years.
The veterinary assistant provides support to the veterinarians and technicians in their daily tasks by cleaning and maintaining equipment, feeding, exercising and grooming patients, preparing and sanitizing surgery suites, restraining and handling patients, and clerical and administrative work. They deliver quality care for all patients and provide exceptional service.
- Triage patients, perform physical exams, treatments, and administer medication as directed by the Licensed Veterinary Technicians; maintain accurate medical records.
- Assist doctors and technicians with the administration of medications or with patient restraint.
- Perform laboratory tests and take radiographs.
- Operate and maintain hospital equipment including EKG, fluid pump, syringe pump, scales, anesthetic monitors and machines, etc.
- Fill prescriptions, calculate and administer medications, maintain proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs.
- Feed patients as prescribed by the attending doctor or as the client has requested; record appetites; recognize and report any unusual conditions or abnormal behaviors.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital each day; clean equipment, kennels and facilities using chemicals and supplies; ensure the safe use of chemicals; complete laundry.
- Other duties may be assigned if working in a specialty area (i.e., dentistry, surgery, emergency, radiology, cardiology, neurology, internal medicine, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- One or more years’ experience in veterinary environment performing above duties.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Requires knowledge of hospital procedures, treatment protocols; computer systems; and terminology used in a veterinary hospital.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
Please apply online through PetVetCareers.com
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.