The Account General Manager (AGM) has full accountability for the retention and growth of Benefitfocus’ most strategic client partnerships (consulting/broker relationships, carrier partnerships, and/or marquis employer relationships) in a complex and rapidly changing technology and healthcare environment. The AGM provides continuity and insures a seamless experience spanning all stages of a client’s Benefitfocus relationship – from sales through ongoing service. The AGM role requires a strong understanding of benefits administration, carrier sales channels (brokers/consultants), carrier and employer operational processes, technology (particularly SaaS), business process outsourcing and strategic planning. The AGM is an extension of his/her client’s team, providing both operational and thought leadership. Strong analytical, financial, and relationship management skills are critical. High energy and the ability to navigate organizational and operational complexity are key, as is the ability to lead via influence – both internally and externally. The AGM is responsible for delivering against all key metrics for assigned relationships: client satisfaction (as measured by NPS), retention, revenue growth, and profitability.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Sales throughout the sales process to understand key business drivers and objectives for the Benefitfocus relationship. Insures clear understanding of proposed solutions and the organizational capabilities required to deliver them. Provides a single senior level point of contact to insure a smooth transition from Sales to Delivery (Implementation) and then ongoing Production (Service), insuring effective planning and execution of Development activities, as required.
- Insures that proper contractual and financial processes are executed to insure mutual understanding and execution of key commitments.
- Works with client and Benefitfocus leadership to develop, execute, and evolve an Account Plan that reflects strategic client business objectives. The Account Plan translates strategic objectives into specific operational programs, projects, and deliverables, along with associated success measures. Establishes an appropriate cadence of accountability to insure execution of the Plan.
- Collaborates and coordinates with all internal teams, external vendors and other key partners to achieve program results, raising issues to appropriate executives when required to achieve results.
Recommends methods to improve performance with regard to service level agreements, metrics and measurements, and business trends.Stays abreast of industry and technology trends. Educates and advocates for clients on the basis of these trends.
- Demonstrates effective command of Benefitfocus governance and decision-making processes, products/solutions, organizational structures, and technology infrastructure.
- Leads the internal Benefitfocus team on behalf of the client, motivating the team, coordinatingacross teams, anticipating and addressing needs, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team.
- Responsible for profitably building the business on which he/she works, identifying new project and business opportunities.
- Conducts meetings (including presentations, updates, and negotiations) with high level executives, brokers, carriers, consultants, and key partners.
- Works with Benefitfocus leaders to insure effective capacity planning (people and technology), resource management, and training & development are in place to achieve client objectives.
- Build multi-year joint product roadmap (component of account plan and Dev deliverables)
- Works to build the trusted partner relationship required to engage in the healthy collaboration and debate required to achieve objectives as part of the client’s business team.
- Extensive Industry knowledge – Insurance, Benefits Administration, Benefits Consulting, SaaS, Healthcare, BPO
- Experience working with healthcare exchanges/ marketplaces and/or detailed understanding of PPACA is ideal
- Proven ability to build internal and external partnerships at all organizational levels and to lead via influence in a matrixed leadership environment (Five or more years leadership experience in a direct or matrixed capacity)
- Ability to convey complex messages across a wide range of audiences, both internally and externally
- Ability to flex between strategic thinking and detailed, tactical level planning and execution
- Experience driving and/or assisting in the steps necessary to get various programs launched and executed
- High standards, a strong work ethic and ability to function autonomously, while building followership and team spirit
- Contract management and P&L experience
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment
- Process/ systems thinking
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills, utilizing reports, spreadsheets, web-based applications, and other software tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Executive presence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with company business practices, policies, and procedures
- Experience working with company products and service offerings