As an established leader in corporate accounting, you will oversee external reporting activities and revenue accounting. Serve as a strategic advisor on all technical accounting matters, including M&A diligence and integrations. You will play a key role in project management to support the exponential growth of Esri, specifically in Finance and Accounting.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally
- Serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate with legal, sales, customer service, and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy, or process issues regarding proper revenue recognition
- Oversee the technical accounting function of all significant transactions, including revenue; identifying, analyzing, and applying technical guidance; drafting policies/correspondence; and providing training to internal finance and accounting groups
- Monitor, adopt, and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company; proactively partner with business stakeholders as necessary to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial aspects of the company
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with leaders within sales, products, engineering, IT, and legal departments; maintain ongoing and constant communication to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions for new initiatives
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP including revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Skilled technical accounting proficiency
- Demonstrated exceptional technical accounting proficiency
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, negotiating, reasoning, and problem solving
- Ability to develop strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs
- 8+ years of prior experience with a mix between public and corporate accounting with an active CPA license
- Public Accounting experience
- Skilled with SAP, specifically with RAR module
- Knowledge and understanding of SEC regulations
- Experience developing key finance and accounting performance metrics which led to process change, enhanced controls, and gained efficiencies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.