Accounts Receivable Specialist
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Accounting team:
The Accounting department is a great place for learning and adapting to changes mainly due to acquisitions. They are the guardians of the financial data and assets of the company while working closely with the Finance department. Stagnant is not a word you would describe this team and they are constantly working on projects to improve and automate processes. They work hard but also maintain a fun and light-hearted environment to keep the business running. If you’re drawn to teams being proactive versus reactive, then the Accounting department may be a fit for you.
Accruent is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team. We are seeking an AR Specialist to review contracts and orders prior to invoicing, research and assist with dispute resolution, manage the AR Invoice email inbox, process customer setup forms, assist with entering cash receipts, create invoices, and assist with collections efforts. You will be responsible for responding to customer invoicing inquiries and maintaining customer relationships. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will be a remote, work from home opportunity.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Manage AR Invoice email inbox
- Processing customer setup forms
- Ensure invoice processing is performed timely and accurately
- Assisting with collections
- Entry of invoices into ERP system
- Research and assist with dispute resolution
- Review customer contracts and orders prior to invoicing
- Maintain customer contact information including tax exemption forms and W9s
- Assist revenue manager with identifying monthly accruals
- Maintain accounts receivable files and records
- Propose credit memos for adjusting customer accounts
- Assist with cash reconciliations
What you bring to the table:
- The ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently and effectively
- Comfortable interacting with customer and sales team members
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Able to get along with coworkers and to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Acknowledge & understand the meaning of confidentiality
- Have the capability to make judgment calls
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines
- 3+ years of experience of accounts receivable processing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Zuora
- Experience in software industry
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.