Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
Gainsight’s Account Executives are responsible for selling Gainsight solutions to prospective and current customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life. The Account Executive will work with all Gainsight stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve sales quota for assigned territory.
- Maintain appropriate sales development activity to ensure healthy pipeline management.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers as necessary.
- Conduct online or onsite product demonstrations to qualified prospects as necessary.
- Respond to RFPs for qualified business opportunities where Gainsight is a fit.
- Work with the Professional Services organization to evaluate training and consulting needs to support implementations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Gainsight product and services offered.
- Gain an understanding of Gainsight’s use in the industry, as well as best practices.
- Be a subject matter expert for your designated industry and territory.
- Work with Sales Development Representatives to define and support prospecting efforts within assigned territory.
- Develop Territory Plans, Account Plans, and conduct Key Deal Reviews.
- Enter new leads, contact data, log calls and other sales information for prospects and customers into SFDC.
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and gather all necessary paperwork to process orders.
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Plan, promote and conduct round table events in key locations within your territory.
- Travel to and attend trade shows, conferences, round tables and onsite visits
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, payments, product use or implementation (as required).
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 2 years of B2B outbound sales experience required, SaaS sales preferred
- Proven track record of building relationships with clients, sourcing, selling and meeting sales quotas
- Comfortable talking about ROI & metrics that relate to Executives / Buyers
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, strong multi-tasking skills and managing several opportunities on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial, curious, and self-driven
- Strong presentation skills preferred
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.