“It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents’ lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!“
– Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Accounting Assistant is responsible for maintaing resident administration/financial files per Sunrise Senior Living policy and procedures and in compliance with Federal and State regulations. This position will also assist the Controller.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
– All accounts receivable and/or accounts payable system input
– Assist with the accuracy of monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) Summary reporting
– Review balance sheet account reconciliations
– Medicare/Medicaid billing
– Adherence to Sunrise Senior Living business process controls
– Associate degree in Accounting or related field preferred
– Two (2) years experience in accounting field with exposure to accounting services within a senior housing and/or healthcare environment
– To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
– Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.