Terracon is growing and seeking to hire an Assistant Project Manager in our Manchester, NH or Rocky Hill, CT offices. We work on exciting projects including commercial, transportation, energy, and federal projects throughout New England and New York state. This position is for a 8-plus year experienced professional who will be responsible for assisting in the management and leading the performance, planning, scheduling and execution of various environmental services assignments on projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of experience in all phases of environmental consultation including site assessments, investigations, remediation, asbestos/lead base paint evaluations, cultural resource and have leadership and management aspirations.
If your passion lies in working on challenging projects and you’re interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company – We share your passion!General Responsibilities:
Assists in the management and leads the performance of Phase I ESAs in accordance with ASTM Standard E1527; Asbestos, Hazardous Materials, and related Industrial Hygiene (IH) consulting assignments; and limited and comprehensive site investigations for Terracon clients and project locations throughout New England and New York.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision manage a small project, or one phase of a large project. · Implement an established project plan.
- Identify, resolve, or escalate operational problems and minimize delays.
- Lead safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Analyze project requirements and perform calculations or writes reports and completes deliverables.
- Coordinate the activities of outside contractors to ensure they are integrated into the project and the firm receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time required to complete the assigned phase of a project and monitor activities, allocate resources and assign tasks to ensure these targets are met.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare regular reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Submits project deliverables to client as per contract scope and schedule; Responsible to deliver work within approved budget.
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for reviews of all critical junctures.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk; be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company; be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines; Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices.
- Promote pre-task planning for all projects; promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects.
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 2 years related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years related experience.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed is preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracons growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracons vision of Together, we are best at people is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Terracon’s COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. Its that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being Best at People, here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say no to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if youre interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)
Rocky Hill, CT