The Grain Accounting Clerk III is responsible for supporting the area supervisor relating to grain and ingredient accounting, payables, and reporting, as well as understanding and supporting all grain and feed related processes.
- Daily entry of incoming payables
- Reconcile and resolve outstanding balances on vendor statements
- Assist and resolve questions with vendors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in accounts payable, receivable or inventory account required.
- Working knowledge of inventories and accounts payable, and its relationship with financial statements
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly.®” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan’s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.