PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Administrative Assistant II
Job Code: 855 – PR-Admin Assistant II
HR Title Group: Administrative
Salary Grade: N15
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision the Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of specialized administrative and clerical duties in support of Site or Department Management, or a specialized business process. Employees in this job class implement workflows, process transactions, administer maintenance and service contracts and coordinate human resources processes. This job requires general knowledge of the site or department supported, advanced administrative and organizational skills, the ability to coordinate work processes, design and format reports from data base systems, and apply specialized procedures.
1. *Organizes and coordinates office workflow, which may include serving as a lead over one or more administrative or clerical staff. Assigns work, and establishes and communicates priorities.
2. *Tracks and prepares information to create weekly, monthly invoices and billing for contracted vendors.
3. *Implements and communicates administrative programs and processes as established by corporate level management, and updates associated forms and reports.
4. *Coordinates or administers processes requiring specialized knowledge, such as workers’ compensation or payroll systems. Tracks and compiles data and documents, provides follow-up, and obtains information and documents from external sources.
5. *Communicates procedural information and releases data, ensuring appropriate consideration of confidential issues.
6. *Composes correspondence, completes forms, and prepares documents.
7. *Sets-up and maintains files and records including those that are necessary for regulatory or audit purposes. Maintains and updates logs, forms, reports and spreadsheets.
8. *Participates in meetings to share information and to maintain current knowledge of areas supported.
9. *Schedules meetings, produces agendas and materials, and arranges for facilities and services.
10. *Coordinates Company sponsored events and special programs at the site or department level, which may require working with other departments, outside entities and customers.
11. *Provides general administrative support such as ordering and maintaining levels of office supplies, and mailing overnight packages.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- Three or more years of experience providing skilled administrative and clerical support;
- Computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Skills to enter or upload data and format a variety of documents, including memos, spreadsheets and reports;
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with standard administrative processes and systems;
- Flexibility for responding to competing demands and continually changing work priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
- Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
- Effective customer service skills;
- Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Viewing computer screen/monitor
- Utilizing keyboard
- Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.