Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com and www.AerojetRocketdyne.com.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our growing internal audit team as an Analyst, Audit (Internal Auditor) at our Rancho Cordova, CA location.
You will be part of our audit staff and will report to the Manager of Internal Audit. The right candidate will be responsible for performing various internal audit projects in accordance with the Company’s internal audit plan. Engagements are risk-based (not recurring, rotational projects) and include Operational, Financial, Compliance, Advisory, and Investigative examinations. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the execution of testing SOX controls.
The right candidate should be able to:
- Build management relationships by demonstrating professionalism with a facilitative communication style and constructive responses to auditee needs.
- Establish and maintain good auditee relations during all audit engagements by identifying the expectations of the auditee and taking actions to support the auditee through the experience.
- Work both independently and with various cross-functional teams on audit projects, which may include resources from our co-source partner.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Working under general supervision:
50% – Perform assigned audit procedures, develop value-add recommendations as a result of audit procedures, and assist in drafting internal audit reports.
50% – Assist in supporting the company’s compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) framework through the execution of testing SOX controls.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution and (3) three years of progressive financial and/or operational experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Strong financial accounting and internal control background.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them in various business processes, areas and functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
Requires domestic travel of 10-20% annually to perform audits..
- Certified or working towards a professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CFE.
- MBA desired.
- Audit experience within a manufacturing, aerospace or government contracting environment.
- Cost accounting experience.
- Experience working at a public accounting firm performing audit and/or consulting projects.
- Experience auditing in an ERP Environment such as Oracle.
- Experience with automated work paper systems such as TeamMate, Caseware, etc.
- Experience with automated data analytics applications such as ACL, IDEA, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.