Develop new business relationships with clients using a solutions-based and consultative sales approach. Grow sales and market share through prospecting, referrals, networking and cold calling. Promote products and services to ensure client satisfaction from execution of sale through project completion.
- Prospect, strategize and qualify new business opportunities through relationship building, cold & warm calling, networking and leveraging referrals.
- Manage existing accounts to ensure client satisfaction and on-going business relationships.
- Maintain close contact with key influencers within existing accounts as well as in the Bay Area.
- Develop a deep knowledge of One Workplace products and service offerings and apply that knowledge to the Sales process.
- Maintain awareness of key industry events and networking opportunities. Actively participate in these activities on a regular basis to develop partnerships and promote One Workplace products and service offerings
- Provide outstanding service and value through collaborative problem-solving and timely response to client requests.
- Research product and services that appropriately address client’s needs, budget and timelines.
- Interface with vendors to understand product offerings, negotiate discounting terms and insure product availability.
- Partner with Creative Leadership to develop experiences and solutions that differentiate One Workplace from competitors.
- Work closely with internal Design team to strategically develop specific product and service solutions that satisfy the client while supporting the interest of One Workplace.
- Partner with a “franchise” team comprised of members of the Sales Support, Design, Project Management and Operations divisions to successfully manage projects from inception to completion.
- Actively work to position and promote One Workplace’s Construction, Furniture & Technology capabilities (CFT). Partner with members of the Construction Solutions and Technology teams in CFT co-selling scenarios.
- Understand client contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements that can be utilized to avoid competitively bidding projects. Position and select appropriate agreements to meet client needs and support the interest of One Workplace.
- Attend One Workplace sales meetings and training sessions and participate in team meetings and events to promote team effectiveness and synergy.
- Participate in the collection of client and sales data to contribute to the creation of an accurate historical record
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience interfacing with clients, vendors and internal departments desired
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s product and application, proven sales ability and general understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision, and independently apply logical reasoning and sound judgment to solve problems and make decisions.
- Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully present products and services.
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching (hand and finger dexterity).
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making and analysis/comprehension skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit clients.
Regularly works with others face-to-face and over the phone. Occasionally works alone. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise. May occasionally work remotely as needed and approved.
Job Status – Exempt