We are a remote-first workforce because we Care Deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we leaned into the dual challenges of keeping our people safe and our business healthy. Shifting to work from home taught us how resilient, productive, and successful we are as remote workers.
Now we actively pursue remote hiring, onboarding, and employment. We are hiring remote positions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI.
Who We’re Looking For: Account Manager (Remote)
Are you an experienced account manager who builds collaborative partnerships and provides excellent client support? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment by being highly organized and learning quickly? As an Account Manager at The Penny Hoarder, you’ll be an integral part of cultivating the growth of The Penny Hoarder client partnerships! You will be part of a dedicated account management team, managing relationships with key advertising partners. You will work closely with product, media buying, and our brand editorial groups to deliver against performance marketing budgets.
This is not an entry-level role; you’ll be expected to be comfortable managing +$1M client budgets! Key aspects of the role include: closely analyzing data related to conversion rates and client KPIs, yield optimization, revenue forecasting, creating effective strategic plans that meet client objectives, proactively leading the process to grow accounts, leading new client on-boarding and the account-planning process, adhering to established processes to ensure success, fostering internal relationships to drive revenue growth, driving strategic client account development, campaign performance reporting and project coordination, and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of brand and affiliate performance advertising campaigns.
What You’ll do
- Act as point of contact and own all post-sales communication with clients; maintain and cultivate value-focused, collaborative client partnerships to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes while meeting or exceeding client expectations; understand client objectives and critical metrics; own and ensure successful campaign delivery and execution
- Consistently grow client revenue and delivery volume of high-performing accounts month-over-month; develop and implement strategies that will strengthen overall campaign performance
- Accurately manage all aspects of assigned accounts, including tracking, forecasting, and pacing
- Conduct deep marketing performance analysis to support account growth; identify, investigate and resolve deviations in performance indicators (conversion rates, LTV, CTR, etc.)
- Supervise daily to ensure campaigns are tracking as expected; ensure acceptable traffic volume and content compliance
- Support client on-boarding through the setup of affiliate tracking
- Conduct sales/pitch presentations with existing clients; prepare key data points, findings, and relevant research
- Achieve revenue targets by using consultative selling based on historical statistics and mutual goals to grow client partnerships and increase product line usage
- Proactively identify market opportunities that support revenue growth
- Advise prospecting efforts; notify sales of high performing offers and potential new clients
- Provide detailed analysis of vertical market performance
- Identify how potential advertisers support our mission
- Perform Salesforce and HasOffers (TUNE) data entry and maintenance to ensure accurate reporting and record-keeping
- Troubleshoot tracking issues and escalate discrepancies as they arise to enable fast action for internal partners
- Facilitate timely and accurate accounting and billing; input monthly budgets and revenue amounts; verify invoice delivery; manage accounts receivable to ensure payments are received on-time
- Reconcile and analyze client-side reporting data; identify and resolve discrepancies
What You’ll Need
- At least 3 years in account management, preferably in digital media
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with a range of third party vendors/systems
- CRM proficiency, preferably Salesforce
- G-Suite experience preferred
- HasOffers/Tune or similar media platform experience preferred
Essential Team/Communication Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillset; able to clearly articulate opinions and needs to all levels of the organization in a manner that drives the business forward; adjusts communication style to maximize effectiveness
- Strong time management skills; can manage multiple tasks simultaneously; is adept at balancing priorities
- Highly accountable; takes pride in performance and strives to contribute to the company’s success
- Encourages others to have a positive demeanor and helps create a positive working environment; acts as a role model
- Gives and accepts feedback and guidance with positivity and adjusts accordingly to meet the needs of the team and company
- Establishes trust and builds collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
About The Penny Hoarder
The Penny Hoarder is one of the nation’s largest personal finance websites. We envision a world with less money stress. Our mission is simple: to empower people to make smart choices with their money. We do this by sharing actionable and inspirational advice, and resources about how to make, save and manage money. The Penny Hoarder’s team is headquartered in the beautiful and walkable downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. For more information, visit: http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous vacation program
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Communications stipend
The Penny Hoarder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Penny Hoarder are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The Penny Hoarder will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage all qualified people to apply.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.