Valassis is a leader in the marketing technology space, processing over 12 trillion calculations and analyzing more than 40 billion digital bid opportunities daily. The Marketing Science team is responsible for data analysis and measurement practices, allowing our clients to connect the dots between online and offline consumer behavior. They develop consumer insights with actionable implications, integrating research into all phases of communication planning process. This work is central to keeping Valassis at the forefront of our industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Marketing Scientist who is passionate about using cutting edge technology to solve unique problems. This position will focus on developing our measurement best practices and methodology for measuring marketing impact and connecting the dots between online and offline consumer behavior. This position will enable our clients to better understand how the consumer is responding to digital and print advertising. The ideal candidate is innately curious about how data can be used to inform decision making and comfortable developing new approaches and methods. A successful candidate thrives in working with limited direction and using data and analytics to solve ambiguous problems.
Following established Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes a our Application Developers analyze models, write/modify, and support software source code that enables business capabilities.
* Delivers personal tasks on time and leads the delivery of tasks for natural workgroup
* Applies expert modeling principles and practices
* Participates on initiatives with deliverables and meets quality standards on time
* Leads initiatives with deliverables and meets quality standards on time
* Develops Applications / Reports / Systems * Estimates component/application level work efforts
* Creates Application and System Design Documents
* Creates RFI/RFP requests / responses for vendor product evaluations
* Designs Develops and Implements standard Business Rules
* Experience in multiple SDLC methodologies * Technically proficient in application/component; may act as internal consultant
* Responsible for fulfilling end-user requests * Strong communication and facilitation skills
* Provides on call support as required
* Periodically operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads
* Works with supervision minimal supervision or without supervision All employees are responsible for using the principles of First In Service in order to continuously improve the performance products and services of Harland Clarke. This includes but is not limited to participating on improvement teams recommending and implementing improvement ideas participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes information etc. All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company’s Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc. All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ Years with Bachelor’s degree or 12+ years’ work experience
- Experienced Java developer with RESTful and SOAP services Experience in integration technologies. Experience in working with any ESB will be an advantage (WSO2 ESB/EI, Mule, Fuse, Oracle ESB) Experience in API Management products will be an advantage (WSO2 API Manager, Apigee, Layer 7, Kong, etc.) Experience in Identity and access management will be an advantage. Experience in beginner level Linux system management and shell commands is a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
WHO WE ARE:
Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday™ is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Valassis on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.