La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is to ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures in all areas of operations related to guest service experience for all Outlets (includes full service Restaurant, Room Services, Bar/Coffee Shop, Seasonal Pool Bar). Maintain and implement all Forbes Four Star standards.
- Supervision of all outlets during operation
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager’s job description.
- Check staff punctuality and document call off and tardiness.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars.
- Order daily supplies, utilize birchstreet
- Ensure that pre-shift meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis for all shifts
- Train and ensure that service personnel follow designated service scenarios
- Train, coach and counsel and effectively communicate with all Outlets staff
- Assist in Outlets as necessary
- To monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Bring innovation and creative ideas and be able to plan ahead
- Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completed required MOS audits
- Stay on the floor during peak hours, communicate with guests and receive feedback. Monitor associate performance and assist as needed as well as guests experience.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain condition of Coffee Shop & El Colegio
- Administrative responsibilities: such as payroll, scheduling, ordering, daily recaps, etc.
- Monitor food waste.
- Assist in completing inventory process and ordering necessary items
- Monitor labor and payroll costs.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, bottles totally empty.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws:
- Dram Shop Act – Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to intoxicated guests. Monitor and control productivity of all Outlets (includes Restaurant, Room Service, Coffee Shop, Bar, Seasonal Pool Bar). Proper scheduling according to business demands, etc.
- Assist manager in:
- Forecast weekly
- Forecast monthly
- Completing weekly payroll
- Participate in interviewing new employees.
- Prepare maintenance requests and follow-up.
- Complete other assigned duties.
- Cost control
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions
- Ideal candidate must have at least 1 year of experience as an F&B Supervisor in a 4 diamond hotel, high school diploma or equivalent required,
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Individual must be able to work in fast pace environment and multitask.
- Proven effective leader and ability to delegate.
- Able to train, develop and lead a team to success.
- Computer literate and detail orientated a must, basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer – vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.