Able Services is the largest family owned provider of engineering, janitorial and facilities management solutions in the U.S. Since 1926, Able has consistently delivered world class service at a competitive value. Working together, we deliver valuAble work-life experiences to over one billion square feet of real estate.
Our clients range from large multi-tenant office buildings to single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research, medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
Who We Are
Able Services is a team of diverse, highly skilled and talented people who lead with integrity and respect, celebrate collaboration and teamwork, provide value to our customers, promote sustainability and personal effectiveness in all we do. We are ‘Service at Work.’
We are searching for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to join our engaging team in San Francisco!
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Contract Manager and the service department. Under the direction of the Contract Manager, the Administrative Assistant will develop and implement a standardized filing and organizational system for the Engineering department.
- Facilitate the implementation of filing and organizational system throughout all Engineering departments at the center. Upon implementation, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to maintain and update these standardized and filing systems.
- Provide calendar management to include creating meeting invitations, visitors pre-clearance, and conference room reservations, disseminating information to meeting participants, arranging for catering services if needed and handle all communications with both internal and external sources.
- Compose, edit, type, and prepare documents to included letters, memos, forms, faxes, and transmittals, policies and procedures (including handling of confidential information).
- Develop and create project-standardized files, folders and systems.
- With minimal direction compose correspondence in support of Contract Manager.
- Draft documents for review and implementation by the Contract Manager.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients and customers in a professional, positive manner.
- Provide telephone support to include answering, screening and processing telephone calls.
- Maintain up to date call list.
- Provide administrative support to include proposal preparation (including Power Point and graphic packages) and prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and charts, and presentation materials.
- Coordinate monthly department meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Sort, open and prioritize mail both incoming and outgoing in support of the Contract Manager.
- Develop and maintain a standard filing system (hard copy and electronic).
- Prepare, code and process check request, expense reports and invoicing. Obtain required approval signatures and submit to Accounts Payable.
- Compile, organize and finalize other documents for signature and distribution.
- Prepare weekly office supply order. Verify that all items are received and distribute as appropriate.
- Visit and perform filing and administrative duties at each of the engineering office sites.
- Create and maintain files for Life Safety Systems, loss prevention systems and operating permits for each property.
- Review, create and maintain all filing systems for the Service Department.
- Work and communicate effectively with all Contract Manager and site Supervisors.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Perform data entry in the work order systems.
- Create and track purchase orders in the accounting system.
- Assist in quarterly safety meeting preparation and set up.
- Assist in Semi-Annual staff meetings with Engineering.
- High school diploma or equivalent educational certificate required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant administrative support experience and special projects experience
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to determine needs and achieve results without close supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to effectively interface with all departments of the company and to represent the company in a highly professional manner
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Exhibits and champions excellence in work and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility with work schedule to include working overtime hours
- Adaptability to changing demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Involves general office work usually performed standing such as collect mail, sorting and delivering mail; and working with office supplies in supply room/mail room.
- Lifting is necessary and generally requires lifting and moving office supply boxes generally weighing 20-30lbs.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as computer work, processing orders and paperwork, etc.
- Involves movement between departments and between floors to facilitate work.
- Involves walking and standing for extended periods of time, (up to two hours).
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Able Services offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Able values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of classification protected by law, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran status, or national origin. We also provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Able Services participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.