Account Manager (Partner Sales)
at Gusto (View all jobs)
Denver and Remote
The Partner Sales team is growing and we are excited to hire the next members of the Partner Sales Team in Denver and Remotely. We’re seeking sales professionals with a track record of success in achieving new-business and growing a current book of business. The ideal candidate will be driven, organized, and display a natural ability to build rapport and trust. We’re looking for that perfect blend of sales drive coupled with a customer-service mentality that will help us create loyal, happy partners.
Gusto partners with Accountants whose customers are small business owners. You will work with accounting firms to onboard their entire book of business. It’s your job to understand an accountant partner’s needs and the needs of their clients in order to properly convey Gusto’s value proposition delivered through the partnership. You’ll manage the ongoing relationship with each new accountant you bring onboard while continuing to work to add new accountants to your growing book of business.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Engage and ramp relationships with existing partners through a consultative sales process
- Win in competitive sales against the industry’s incumbent players
- Construct, forecast, and manage your sales pipeline to meet company goals
- Leverage People Advisory and Certification to deepen strategic partnerships
- Advocate for accountant needs to inform Gusto’s product roadmap
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with resellers to grow a firm’s client base on Gusto
- Listen carefully to understand customer needs and communicate Gusto’s value proposition
- Manage partners after the first 90 days of their onboarding to Gusto, helping them ramp additional clients, keeping them up to date on new product developments, & best practices to get the most out of the Gusto platform
- Penetrate the partner’s firm by convincing additional accountants to join, influencing additional client adds, and even getting the firm to adopt Gusto internally
- Deliver comprehensive product demos and answer technical inquiries
- Contribute accurate records and notes to a team-wide CRM
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of sales experience (industry related experience selling directly to accountants is a bonus!)
- Technically proficient and experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff)
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and a top-performer with a track record of consistently exceeding quota
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- A builder who is excited to help shape the foundation for Partner Sales team in Denver office
- Bachelor’s degree
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is targeted at $115,000 per year in Denver and most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.