The Role: Account Manager, Los Angeles, CA
Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor’s Business Solutions team is a diverse, hungry, and strategic group of neighbors focused on partnering with national and regional brands to connect them with our community of members through our growing portfolio of advertising products. The team culture mirrors the larger business focus, relying on building trusted connections both internally as well as with our partners in order to drive campaigns and executions that add value to our members lives while simultaneously driving results for our brand partners. We believe that in order to succeed we must attract and develop smart, capable, and passionate employees, while also creating an inclusive environment where they know they belong, and will thrive and grow. Diversity of all forms – abilities, age, ethnic backgrounds, races, career experiences, and more – are the foundations of how we’re building a kinder world through our communities and neighborhoods. We value diverse perspectives and we champion workspaces and professional environments where everyone’s voice is heard, where all backgrounds are respected, celebrated, and where you can be 100% you every day.
The Impact You’ll Make
Nextdoor’s Advertising Solutions team partners with national and regional brands to connect them with our hyper-local community of neighbors across the United States through our suite of advertising products. We are looking for an Account Manager to help our strategic advertising partners manage and grow their advertising campaigns on Nextdoor. You’ll work closely with clients and agencies to develop and execute advertising buys on the platform, while also partnering with product management and engineering teams to provide feedback and identify opportunities to improve the efficacy of our team and product. If you’re great with people, insanely detail-oriented, and a creative problem solver come join our ‘hood!
- Provide excellent customer service to Nextdoor advertising partners by developing effective campaigns and recommending best practices
- Build and manage strong partnerships with advertising and agency partners
- Serve as the primary post-sale point-of-contact for clients in a designated book of business
- Manage all aspects of the campaign, from the initial contract to final billing needs while proactively monitoring and solving campaign-related issues in a timely manner
- Execute, optimize, and analyze advertising campaigns on Nextdoor using internal tools and dashboards
- Own the day-to-day communication with brands and ensure campaign success
- Lead data-driven upsell and renewal conversations to retain and grow revenue partnerships
- Cultivate a strategic approach to product adoption through the deep knowledge of our client’s business challenges and our platform’s solutions
- Create and present strategic POVs, campaign wrap-ups and/or Quarterly Business Reviews to client(s)
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all aspects of a campaign are executed flawlessly
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 5-7 years experience in account management or other client-facing media role
- Experience leading day-to-day client communications and managing brand partnerships
- Experience developing and executing digital media and/or social media campaigns
- Experience working with performance-driven customers and optimizing DR KPIs
- Experience with analyzing data to deliver actionable insights
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Positive attitude and team-oriented mentality
- Curiosity, hunger to learn, and passion for problem solving
- A passion for community building, to inspire a more inclusive team and diversity of thought, both at Nextdoor and in your own neighborhoods
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Interview Process
At Nextdoor, we debate in plain sight with a transparent, inclusive and consistent decision-making process. As such, we’re pleased to tell you a bit more about what to expect from our interview process!
- Our recruiting team will be in touch if your application and experience align with the required and/or preferred qualifications listed in the job description
- You’ll have a 30-45 minute phone conversation with a recruiter so that we can learn more about you and you can learn more about Nextdoor.
- The recruiting team will schedule you for a 30-45 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager.
You’ll meet the team virtually
- You’ll meet with 4-5 neighbors, including a Client Partner, a peer in the Account Management role, someone in Ad Solutions Leadership, and a Sales leader.
- You’ll be asked to complete an Account Manager assignment
*Please note that progressing through the steps outlined above assumes continued interest and alignment from candidates and Nextdoor.