Pilot (YC W17) is looking for an Account Executive to join our remote team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market. For this role, we are looking for someone available to work with our US-based clients.
A bit about who we are
Pilot helps companies to handle payroll, benefits, and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt, and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on
- We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our Revenue team. You will be responsible for managing a funnel of qualified leads from the first discovery call up to closing the deal.
- Talk to potential clients, educating them about potential solutions for international payroll, listening to their needs and advising on the best solution for their situation
- Qualify leads by getting context about their unique situation
- Run discovery calls and product demos with people interested in using Pilot for their international payroll
- Own the post demo communication and close deals
- Help our team hit our revenue targets
- Amazing communication skills. We’re looking for someone who is great at holding people’s attention, knows how to pitch the product based on the pain points they discovered and is comfortable talking to prospects both on calls and through emails.
- Able to listen to and learn from customers and educate them about the solutions we provide in a non-intrusive way. We’re big believers in helping and educating clients first. This sometimes means recommending they work with other companies if we’re not the best solution for their problem.
- Prior experience at a high-growth early-stage SaaS startup, with a proven track record of closing deals. You have to be comfortable guiding the customer from the first call, through learning about our platform up to closing the deal.
- Being self-managed, independent, and driven to achieve growth targets
- Proficient in English to work with US-based companies
- Available to work during usual working hours in PST time zone
- We’d especially like to talk to you if
- You’ve had a chance to work in a distributed team with people from around the globe
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup
- You have experience selling to HR departments
- On-target earnings of $151k annually and up to 0.05% of equity
- Uncapped commissions
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.