Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
The JMP division of SAS is seeking an experienced Account Executive for a newly created Health and Life-Sciences (HLS) sales territory in the Bay Area. The ideal candidate for this role will be a mid to senior level sales professional with a high EQ and intellectual curiosity. Our customers are scientists and engineers, so you must be comfortable in technical conversations. For the right style of candidate, this is genuinely a fantastic sales role, as part of a dedicated 3-person team in an extremely well-resourced sales and marketing organization. JMP produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery by scientists and engineers. Our incredible HLS customers use JMP every day to assist in the development and manufacture of life-saving vaccines, therapeutics and pharmaceuticals.
- Spread the use and impact of JMP products within existing and target accounts, into the HLS market.
- Develop and grow the existing customer base, while simultaneously prospecting into a list of target named accounts.
- Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction; conducting significant direct contact with accounts and travel to account sites (where appropriate).
- Coordinate with the Systems Engineer and IS rep on demos and technical support for accounts.
- Contribute to the fantastic (and famous) culture and work atmosphere of JMP and SAS.
- 5-10 years of successful experience in sales of computer software, including experience demonstrating technical solutions. Ideally this would include HLS customers.
- Experience in account development, and relationship development inside complex organizations.
- developing and growing a new sales territory with a proven track record of success in a hunter territory
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team comprised of a Systems Engineer and Inside Sales Representative
- Knowledge of JMP products and services
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical development and manufacturing cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or engineering
- Work location: Bay Area, CA.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.