We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team and focus on our Mid Market customers. This segment represents a huge opportunity for Slack, and we want someone who is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
You will be responsible for driving the sales process with prospective customers as well as the expansion of existing accounts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide for using Slack most effectively. You’ll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback. If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, come and join us!
What you will be doing
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a consultative way
- Build relationships with senior executives and decision makers across all departments within a company
- Drive revenue growth through proactive outreach to new and existing customers
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and Slack usage patterns
- Get into territory and conduct onsite meetings with key customers
- Collaborate with internal teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas of the product
What you should have
- 3+ years of direct, closing experience within the Mid-Market company space
- Experience selling complex software solutions to both Line of Business and IT
- You are competitive and driven to achieve goals – you meet and exceed your number
- You are articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- You have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- Preferably you have an undergraduate degree
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!