Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including corporate reporting requirements and management reporting. Assist in all external reporting, including financial institutions, taxing authorities, owners, and regulatory agencies.
- Accountable for meeting the timeliness in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint ventures.
- Review and ensure the proper recording, maintenance and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Prepare community and division level variance analysis, including cost/volume/profit relationships.
- Assist in the preparation of financing requests of prospective and active communities.
- Provide help in the preparation of sales price releases of active communities.
- Give assistance in the preparation of sales price releases of active communities.
- Aid in the preparation of annual business plans and periodic updates as well as long-term planning (forecasts).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Seven (7) years minimum accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and a background in income tax and real estate law
- A background in real estate development is preferable
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Good language skills, both written and oral
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with various computer hardware, software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry. JDEdwards accounting system experience desirable
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $ annualized, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401K Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.