*ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ON BONUS*
Protects company assets and provides a safe environment for employees and guests. This position requires a welcoming disposition and both strong communication and interactive skills, as this is the first Osage Casino Employee to greet visitors and answer phones.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Individual must be at least 21 years of age. Must meet a minimum of 100% proficiency in firearm safety and 72% marksmanship standards at bi-annual firearms training and must complete a satisfactory MMPI evaluation. Requires certification in CPR/AED/First Aid.
If the applicant has received previous certification either as an armed security officer or as a full-time or reserve police officer the MMPI may be waived. The applicant must achieve a 72% marksmanship qualification score prior to the initial appointment of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6 months of previous work experience. Gaming, Hospitality or Customer Service industry preferred.
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military or civilian security services is helpful.
- Successful completion required for the Osage Security Academy II or CLEET Phase IV Security Officer Certification or other Accredited Armed Security Academy or certification of completion from a full-time or reserve police academy within five (5) years of continuous law enforcement service.
- A working knowledge of data entry and basic computer programs preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation Gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Gives directions and provides escort to guests in need.
- Interfaces with all levels of Company employees, as well as outside agencies and guests, in a courteous, appropriate manner.
- Operates company vehicles as directed and patrols all sections of property.
- Ensures issued firearms are in serviceable condition and subject to inspection upon demand of supervisor.
- Maintains firearm safety and qualification minimum standards.
- Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money-handling positions.
- Handles administrative duties assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for securing assets by radio communication; documents all required asset movements in casino; logs all calls through security dispatch as required.
- Responsible for completion of mandatory logs; ensures that all information is recorded and transmitted to appropriate Osage Casino personnel and in compliance with outside regulatory agencies as required.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- May be required to prepare detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of security departmental information and communications by reviewing internal security information systems.
- Effectively communicates concerns and information to supervisor and listens to communication from supervisor.
- Effectively relates ideas for improvements to supervisor and management in accordance with chain of command.
- Makes reports of lost and found items and detailed descriptions of incidences and of those individuals involved.
- Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Provides assistance to civil authorities.
- Provides assistance to law enforcement authorities when authorized and provide testimony in court or other administrative hearings as needed.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
The use of prescription medication containing Schedule I-IV substances while carrying a firearm is prohibited unless waived by a medical professional.
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, WORK CARDS
Must be able to provide the following certifications, work cards or work authorization documents: All documents required to show the incumbent is eligible to work in the United States. Required to pass a drug test and obtain and maintain a gaming license to work in a casino from the Osage Nation. Osage Security Academy II, CLEET Phase IV training certificates or equivalent required at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the employee to have all appropriate document(s) current and valid at all times.
- Osage Nation Gaming License
- Valid Driver’s License
- CLEET Phase IV or other Accredited Armed Security Academy Certification or successful completion of the Osage Security Academy II process or certification of completion from a full-time or reserve police academy within five (5) years of continuous law enforcement service
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified Alcohol Compliance Education Test Passage
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met and maintained by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift at least 20 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. The employee is occasionally exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult people.