Account Executive – Learning Environments – Oakland
Develop new business relationships with education clients using a solutions-based and consultative sales approach. Grow One Workplace sales and market share through prospecting, referrals, networking and cold calling. Promote products and services to ensure client satisfaction from execution of sale through project completion. Understand and support One Workplace strategic goals and initiatives.
- Prospect, strategize and qualify new business opportunities through relationship building, cold & warm calling, networking and leveraging referrals
- Manage existing accounts to ensure client satisfaction and on-going business relationships.
- Understand key trends and important issues in the education market. Apply this knowledge to the OWP sales process
- Maintain close contact with key influencers within existing accounts as well as in the Bay Area education community
- Maintain awareness of key education industry events and networking opportunities. Actively participate in these activities on a regular basis to develop partnerships and promote OWP products and service offerings
- Develop a deep knowledge of One Workplace product and service offerings and apply that knowledge to the OWP Sales process
- Qualify need, budget and time constraints. Provide outstanding service and value through collaborative problem-solving and timely response to client requests.
- Research product and services that appropriately address client’s needs, budget and timelines. Interface with vendors to understand product offerings, negotiate discounting terms and insure product availability
- Partner with Creative Leadership to develop experiences and solutions that differentiate One Workplace from competitors
- Work closely with internal Design team to strategically develop specific product and service solutions that satisfy the client while supporting the interest of One Workplace
- Partner with a “franchise” team comprised of members of the Sales Support, Design, Project Management and Operations divisions to successfully manage projects from inception to completion. Manage project pipeline and work with internal teams to insure timely completion of deliverables
- Actively work to position and promote One Workplace’s Construction, Furniture & Technology capabilities (CFT). Partner with members of the Construction Solutions and Technology teams in CFT co-selling scenarios
- Understand client contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements that can be utilized to avoid competitively bidding projects. Position and select appropriate agreements to meet client needs and also support the interest of One Workplace
- Attend One Workplace sales meetings and training sessions and participate in team meetings and events to promote team effectiveness and synergy
- Participate in the collection of client and sales data to contribute to the creation of an accurate historical record
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Established network within the Education community and a thorough knowledge of how to work within the established structure is preferred.
- Must be assertive, flexible, able to delegate work and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good computer and leadership skills are also necessary
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully present products and services
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s product and application, proven sales ability and general understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting a plus
- Interest in work specific to schools and colleges and their working and learning spaces is required
- Requires a general understanding of business practices, structures and philosophies.
- Ability to determine pricing and discounting
- Ability to apply logical reasoning, creative problem solving and sound business judgment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment that includes a high degree of detail work
- Will interface with clients, vendors and all internal departments, working with minimum supervision and/or direction