Located in Santa Cruz California, Pacific and Santa Cruz Veterinary Specialists offers critical care, emergency medicine, oncology, cardiology, internal medicine, surgery and radiology.
PSCVS is looking for experienced Technicians to join our expanding ICU team! openings for swings and overnights. We are currently the only specialty practice in the Santa Cruz area. We have a solid diverse team with different levels of experience and expertise to help you learn and grow.
PSCVS was founded to provide high quality, specialized medical care to companion animal patients. Our practice is dedicated to serving the veterinary community as a partner in total patient care. We offer comprehensive specialized services including endoscopy, Doppler ultrasound, CT, radiation therapy, radioactive iodine treatment, surgery, 24-hour ICU care, emergency and critical care. Our staff is committed to providing compassionate and thorough medical care that meets the needs of the patient, client, and referring veterinarian.
The Veterinary Technician supports hospital operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical records.
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds.
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a change or the opportunity to grow your skill set in a diverse practice please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us about you in the veterinary field and where you see yourself going. Please Apply online at petvetcareers.com
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.