The Contracts Administrator will be working closely with the Sr. Contracts Manager to manage and execute the contract process for all land development design and construction contracts for all Arizona projects. The Contracts Administrator is responsible for creating, tracking, distributing and filing all contract documents for Land Development. This includes contracts, change orders, and purchase orders for Consulting and Construction disciplines. The Contracts Administrator will provide support to Sr. Contracts Manager and the Development Teams in the bid and procurement of CFD Projects, as well as preparation of CFD Reimbursement Binders at the end of each CFD contract.
Your Key Deliverables
- Take sufficient steps to minimize project risks by ensuring new vendors are reviewed and set up according to Third-Party Due Diligence procedures (XMR, W9s and Due Diligence Questionnaire), contracts are executed prior to work start; collection of insurance requirements; track and collect lien waivers through construction contract invoice process.
- Assist the Sr. Contracts Manager, Vice President of Development, Development Managers, and Vice President of Marketing in the preparation of template design and construction contract documents and commitment of contract dollars against development budgets in the LandDev system.
- Route contract documents for execution in DocuSign.
- Notify Development Managers when contract and/or change orders require a budget revision.
- Run monthly Purchase Order reports for consultants and contractors by 21st day of the month.
- Review and approve invoices in LandDev to ensure coding is correct and costs are hitting the right Purchase Order number and Job Node.
- Facilitate prompt payments and act as a liaison between vendors and accounting on billing/contract questions/issues and correction of invoices in a timely manner.
- Run monthly cost reports in LandDev if requested from Development Managers and create new reports through Inform XL.
- Establish and maintain electronic contract files on Shared Drive.
- Interact with contractors, consultants and other project team members.
- Follow-up and communicate via phone and email with vendors to ensure proper completion of all contact information, insurance and necessary paperwork required by contract.
- Organize these files (Template Brookfield Master Construction, Template Brookfield Master Consulting, Template Field Work Order & Template Design Work Order)
- Provide Training to team on Use of New Vendor Forms and Self Service to get forms and set up vendor through Accounting
- Review and approve invoices in LandDev to ensure coding is correct and costs are hitting the right Purchase Order number and Job Nodes.
- Manage tasks and objectives based on monthly calendar as it relates to contract change orders and invoice process.
- Assist in development of a Contracts Administrator policy and process training manual.
Insurance Support and Lien Waiver
- Review with the Director of Insurance on request for Certificates of Insurance from municipalities, developers, contractors, builders as required by Purchase and Sales agreements or permit requirements.
- Cross reference contracts and insurance information in master file.
- Ensure each contracted vendor submits insurance requirements to CERTFOCUS, Third Party vendor to review and notify vendors to submit insurance requirements per Exhibit D of contract documents.
- Set up 20 Day Preliminary Notice Tracker for construction contracts, ensure monthly invoices include the correct conditional and unconditional lien waivers and collect all unconditional waiver and releases on construction contracts once final retention has been released.
- Assist the Sr. Contracts Manager and Development Managers in the preparation of construction Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Information for Bids (IFBs) in the pubic bid process and Receipt of bids for the preparation of bid tabulations in Excel format.
- Provide support in the preparation of Information for Bid (IFB) for CFD Road Projects and prepare reimbursement binders and organize all information for submittal to the CFD District.
- 2-5 years of experience in construction purchasing with a preference in land development related work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple projects at once
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) with an Excel emphasis
- Ability to adapt to and learn new project management related software
- This position is located in the Scottsdale office and requires collaboration with the land team members in the Scottsdale office. There may be occasions to visit Project sites to attend construction field meetings.
- If you are hired, we will require that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- 401k matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our development group draws on its unparalleled design, entitlement and construction expertise to envision and deliver best-in-class, iconic assets and destinations. The team’s multidisciplinary skill sets from across our sectors capitalize on the unique opportunities that exist in the market today.