Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites brings a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Account Manager (AM) IV supports clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies and promotes their growth in the “age of the customer” by capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption.
As a trusted advisor to business and technology C-suite leaders who drive and influence business growth, you will build long-term relationships with them and create global account strategies to anticipate client needs; understand what drives their success; challenge them to think differently; and provide highly valued business insight for them to win, build, and retain customers.
- Identify key business leaders and build long-term relationships with VP- and C-level influencers and buyers.
- Pursue business development opportunities with prospective and existing premier clients to meet enrichment and renewal goals.
- Lead the strategy and plan development of premier accounts. Maximize efficiencies and identify potential opportunities where Forrester can add significant value.
- Establish credibility through an in-depth understanding of a premier client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Collaborate with premier account teams throughout the client engagement lifecycle for the accounts’ greater good.
- Work as a trusted advisor to premier clients to solve problems, challenge their thinking, and drive growth.
- Achieve overall business development, enrichment, and renewal goals for the premier accounts assigned to them.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- Minimum of five years of experience in strategic account management; five to six years’ sales experience plus eight-plus years’ professional experience.
- Consistent performance achieving annual quotas
- Demonstrated sales strategies and rapport with senior-level executives from VP level and above, including CMO, CIO, CTO, and CDO.
- Success in selling multiple intangible products, ideas, and solutions (e.g., consulting and research) to Fortune 500 companies.
- History of growing key accounts; background in strategic account planning and management.
- Experience with procurement and management of complex buying processes to guide and advise clients.
- Familiarity with marketing, technology, and digital functions as drivers of change within an organization is preferred.
- Confident presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen, MBA preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Capable storyteller with positive energy
- The ability to travel and attend in-person client meetings as needed (adjusted for COVID-19 realities).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.