DLZ Corporation is seeking qualified Architects for immediate openings. DLZ is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm with over 600 employees located in 22 offices. DLZ has built long-standing relationships with state, federal, and public clients, serving public and government agencies for the past 100 years throughout the Midwest. Project types include Corrections, Judicial, Public Safety, Transit, Education, Water/Waste Water, Municipal facilities. DLZ’s professionals include Architects, Landscape Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Civil Engineers, as well as professional Surveyors, Construction Inspectors and Soil Scientists.
DLZ Corporation serves public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR’s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our award-winning designs have received national recognition for sustainable design, innovative approach and design excellence.
DLZ Corporation currently has an exciting Architect / Architect Project Manager opening in South Bend, IN.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform architectural and design assignments of a complex nature, applying innovative architectural design concepts and advanced professional knowledge.
- Establish design direction, develop technical drawings and specifications, and direct overall project schedule and budget.
- Manage a wide variety of project type, scale and complexities.
- Conduct studies of new architectural methods, codes, processes, and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems and methods.
- Coordinate client contact and maintain working relationship at all levels throughout the project.
- Responsible for quality control over assigned projects.
- Assist in business development and proposal preparation.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, standard AIA contracts, correspondence, and project documentation.
- Travel to job-sites, primarily in the Midwest with occasional overnight stays.
- Meet cost and time schedules while producing quality results.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Must be registered Architect in the state, or have the ability to obtain license within one year
- 5 – 15 years relevant work experience
- Judicial, Municipal, Educational, Transit, Aviation, and/or Federal Project experience is preferred
- Proficient in REVIT and strong AutoCAD skills required
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Experience in a variety of project types, scale, and complexity; following project from conception through completion.
- Experience working on concurrent projects, collaborating with multiple design disciplines, and technical production project experience.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. #LI-DM1