Now Building – Future Leaders!
Lumber Specialties, a Division of USLBM Is Seeking 1st Shift Production Assemblers for Our Story City, IA Location.
We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now to join the top paying leading manufacturer of trusses in the Midwest!
What you should know about working at Lumber Specialties:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as an Assembler:
- Move precut lumber to work area by cart.
- Assembling precut wooden parts
- Moving precut parts to work areas and positioning parts in alignment with supervisors’ instructions and blueprint specifications
- Lifting and laying out precut lumber (top, bottom chords) onto the build table.
- Verify dimensions of precut parts for accuracy of assembly
- Utilize hammers, saws, pneumatic nail and staple guns to connect parts
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
- Experience. 1 Year of construction or assembly experience preferred (not required).
- Physical. Ability to stand for 8+ hours per work shift. Ability to bend, twist, squat and reach.
- Heavy Lifting. Ability to lift up to 75lbs throughout the work shift.
- Teamwork. Ability to work as a team and help motivate others.
- Excellence. Must have an excellent attendance history with a work ethic to match.
- Willingness. Must have the drive to learn several departments and work throughout different areas of our shop.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Lumber Specialties.
Lumber Specialties a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.