Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about “good“ and is growing, so there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you’re enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we’d love to talk to you!
The Account Analyst assists both the KeHE Account Manager and Customer’s personnel with the compilation, processing and analysis of data as related to the sales and marketing of products for the Customer’s account. Accountabilities are accomplished through working cooperatively to foster an environment consistent with the KeHE Mission and Values.
- Assist KeHE Account Manager in the development and execution of company sales and marketing programs for the Customer chain. This includes: assuring accurate and timely development, release, and execution of planograms and category responsibilities; assuring that planograms are designed to achieve customer satisfaction by market area; maximizing profitable sales; utilizing space efficiently; providing adequate inventory allocation to meet normal volume.
- Assist KeHE Account Manager in coordinating activities and communications among vendors and company functional groups to assure Customer account satisfaction. This includes: providing expert knowledge of category trends; communicating findings to all individuals involved, including Category Managers, Shelf Merchandising Specialists, Manager Shelf Merchandising, Planogram Specialist, etc; assisting KeHE Account Manager in identifying opportunities to increase customer sales through improvement of product mix; identifying and following up on new business development opportunities; advising Category Managers as to what will and will not work to meet their philosophies and objectives while maintaining planogram standards.
- Providing technical and analytical support to the Category Managers. Analyzing store data to effectively place items in the planogram.
- Coordinate implementation of merchandising activities, including but not limited to planograms, new items, ads, grand openings, and customer requests.
- Monitor competitor activities, recommend paths forward to address these activities, and implement approved plans.
- Assist in monitoring all accounts and receivables.
- Establish and maintain databases for promotions, price changes, cost changes, item maintenance, and other information regarding sales and marketing activities.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in sales of grocery products to chain accounts.
- Understanding of category management with strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills. Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Ability to quickly become acclimated to shelf merchandising tools.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. This includes advance formulas and V look ups, tables and formatting, conditional formatting, charting, pivot tables and reporting.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and pursue business opportunities without being directed to, acting quickly and decisively when appropriate. Ability to coordinate and prioritize a high volume of work and meet pressing time requirements. Ability to work independently. Demonstrated willingness to take responsibility for personal actions, decisions, and results.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communications with people at all organizational levels. Demonstrated proficiency in conducting effective meetings and making clear and concise presentations. Strong negotiating, communication and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals and contribute to a collaborative work environment – must be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, focusing on those with the highest business impact, including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventive action to avoid crises whenever possible.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify long-term issues, develop and implement strategies to address these issues, and link shorter-term activities to these strategies.