You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Application Software Developer (Java/New Technologies) has the opportunity to assist in the revision of extraction process by developing an automation end to end solution which will be using either Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) or Real Time Repository (RTR).
As a Application Software Developer (Java/New Technologies) you will:
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide input on the overall solution design
- Build and test applications
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement basic performance tuning
- Responsible for ensuring solution meets business needs
- Translates functional requirements into technical requirements and design
- Applies structured programming techniques, develops, unit tests and maintains code
- Handles and triages application issue escalations as well as able to liaise with clients / operations
- Provides support to functional Test teams as part of each agile sprint
- Effectively convey updates and project status to peers and management
- Assists in writing documentation in the form of quick reference guide and user manual as needed
- Maintains Centene Technologies development standards and best practices
Additionally, you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Completion of a technical training program (e.g. LaunchCode, FDM, etc.) may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Experience working with Java, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Java, J2EE
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures preferred
- Experience with Health Care applications development and design is preferred.
- DevOps experience using tools like Git, BitBucket, Cloud bees/Jenkins, Maven a plus
- Experience in developing J2EE / Java or C#
- Experience using PL/SQL or T-SQL
- Oracle database, SQL Server or Mongo DBMS
- SQL tuning experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system and shell scripting a plus
- Knowledge on cloud development like Kubernetes, message processing using Kafka topics, CI/CD pipeline, Docker Container Platform is an advantage
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.