Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
The Administrative Assistant is the administrative person for the department or branch. The Administrative Assistant ensures that all administrative duties are completed in concert with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management, and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned work must be carried out as efficiently, as possible with respect to word processing, general filing, timekeeping, records management, correspondence, project financial records, submission of required documents for billing, invoicing, purchasing, and general verification of records to achieve Company performance and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned word processing, general filing, timekeeping, records management, correspondence, and assigned project-related financial documents processing.
- Self-manage assigned workload distribution.
- Act as the department administrator for interface with customer representative(s)
- Create, develop, implement, and revise project process improvement(s).
- Able to preserve confidential information, self-sufficient problem-solver work with little or no supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings, and arrange travel itineraries, management of daily office activities.
- Screen telephone calls, resolve routine, and complex inquiries. Reference verification, tracking vacation & time off requests, maintain attendance database for Program employees.
- Prepare & maintain daily reports for the purchasing manager. Verify purchase orders for accuracy. Open, and sort incoming mail
- Able to create, correct, and revise complex Excel spreadsheets, tables, charts, and graphs.
- Schedule and help manage weekly and monthly meetings.
- Support document control, spot check, and maintain accuracy, and delivery to our customers.
- Maintain program-level dashboards, input, data acquisition, and collection
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and help to create, develop, and implement process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture, and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral direction(s) to project personnel.
- Must have proven mid-skill-level to interpret project documents, including but not limited to, timesheets, spreadsheets, and billing documents.
- Must be able to learn Company and customer project management systems.
- Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have some experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of working experience.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related telecommunications or construction administrative position.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and MS Project).
- Must be able to effectively operate office equipment and computing devices commonly used in the industry.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to identify a project, create a project filing system, develop detailed associated administrative tasks, and manage these for project final record keeping and audit
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. “EEO is the Law“ poster | “EEO is the Law“ poster supplement
View IES’ policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work