Application Engineer for Commercial Systems group – CHVAC Business Unit. Server as the technical liaison for the highly valued customers assigned to you by translating customer drawings, specification, and requests in to product solutions that meet customer and business needs. Learn customer application to establish tests and procedures for qualifying our products and optimizing our tools and to proactively identify opportunities to bring value to the customer while driving profitable growth for Regal. Act as the subject matter expert in CHVAC product solutions at customer sites and server as the main point of contact between our customer’s engineering team and the global CHVAC engineering team. Support routine product changes, deviations, sample development and New product introductions. Provide leadership and timely resolution to outstanding customer issues and support basic product tear down analysis of reliability returns for root cause and corrective action development. Lead or support internal qualification efforts on customer impacting design changes and transition projects. Conduct competitive analysis on other manufacturers’ motors and fan products.
- Coordinate expertise and recommend solutions from cross-functional teams to application and performance problems related to integrated drive motor applications in the Commercial HVAC field.
- Leads complex projects, analyzes customer applications, specifications and recommends existing products. Designs and customizes products and systems.
- Interacts with sales team and sophisticated customers on highly complex applications to translate customer requirements to product designs
- Optimizes products considering manufacturability, quality, and cost with a thorough understanding of customer applications and product field performance using experience using as much as analytical methods.
- Helps resolve product issues at the customer and in the field by working with customer and field sales team. Conducts complex root cause analysis and identification. Approves corrective action authorization (8D analysis) and has customer communication leadership.
- Provides inputs to product engineering and NPD team on Commercial HVAC applications, customer requirements to design and/or improve products considering manufacturability, quality, reliability and cost.
- Solves problems with a thorough understanding of tradeoffs in problem solving to drive optimized designs. Supports and approves the most complex product changes and provides technical product analysis to the plant for specific projects or customers.
- Leads in capturing voice of customer and development of product specifications. Translates customer needs to manufacturing requirements and coordinates testing and qualification of product in customer applications.
- Creates test plans and develops new test protocol for products with a solid understanding of reliability and failure mechanism.
- Applies deep understanding of markets to develop forward thinking technologies.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related experience, advanced degree preferred.
- 7 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, or Electrical rotating equipment design in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in providing customer support and dealing with challenging customer issues.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple programs
- Skilled in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating working relationships with all levels of personnel within and outside the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, strong customer-focused behavior
Desired Education / Experience / Skills:
- Experience in Commercial HVAC or electric motors, rotating machines Industry
- Ability to interpret electronics and CHVAC schematics, bill of materials and engineering drawings
- Six Sigma trained, Experience with statistical analysis, Greenbelt certified
- Design Experience with 3ph Induction and PMAC/ECM motors
Travel: Travel (up to 10%) required.