Come join TDS Telecom and begin your full time career with us as an Account Manager as we continue to grow our team. You will receive a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus in your new role as an Account Manager. You are responsible for managing an existing customer base, growing the existing customer base, and for new business account acquisition within a defined market/territory.
Existing customer activity includes the overall care, growth and retention of a commercial customer base or book of business (“BOB”) with an emphasis on increasing revenues, increase product penetration, and improve overall profitability. As an Account Manager you will manage moves, adds, changes, and deletions (MACD) to existing customer accounts, renew existing business customers’ contracts, respond to RFPs, and proactively attempts to foster existing customer loyalty. New account acquisition focuses on business-to-business prospecting, uncovering customer needs, understanding key business drivers, leveraging the latest technology, and delivering compelling TDS solutions to our prospects that meet their business needs in a timely manner. Consistent new and existing business development through cold calling and prospecting, with a drive to succeed and grow the assigned book of business, in a quota driven environment are critical to the success of this position.
As an Account Manager you will be required to manage the customer’s expectations by determining the true customer needs and timelines and communicating such expectations accurately throughout the sales process. They will be required to have a thorough understanding of all TDS high-end applications and must have knowledge regarding data networks in order to assess existing networks and recommend IP solutions (e.g., managedIP or others as they emerge from Product Marketing). The successful candidate must have a solid understanding and up-to-date knowledge of all processes, procedures and systems that affect their customer base and must be willing to take the lead on resolving customer issues through escalation to the appropriate teams and timely follow-up.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 2,900 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,100 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
- You will manage existing account base by regularly contacting accounts (via phone and in person), acting as their resource for sales negotiations, and meeting or exceed the sales and revenue growth goals. Actively manage (includes moves, adds and changes to the account) the existing base to ensure we retain customers and reduce market churn. Provide education on the industry, technology and TDS products and services.
- You will focus on market share growth by prospecting and selling new businesses. Identify, contact, and build relationships with prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in-person cold calls, networking and referrals to obtain appointments. Build customer solutions, propose and close sales to meet or exceed sales and revenue growth goals.
- You will create proposals, write, and submit accurate and timely new orders following the established sales process. Manage and submit moves, adds, changes and deletion orders (MACD) to the existing customer base.
- You will develop a tactical sales plan for prospecting, customer growth and retention plans to meet or exceed the monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue growth goals. Craft and implement a personal action plan. Maintain accurate and timely activity tracking, customer status and forecasts utilizing the CRM system for all new prospects and existing customer sales. Report activity and monitor progress on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- 2+ years of inside or outside sales experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, insurance, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Experience in successful prospecting and generating leads through cold calling.
- Access to cell phone.
- Previous Telecommunications experience.
- Winning “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic as evidenced by a track record of success in business, education or extracurricular activities.
- Ability to clearly and effectively set goals and then attain them as evidenced by a track record of setting goals, creating a work plan, establishing a reward, working diligently, measuring performance, adjusting as necessary and then accomplishing the goal.
- Well organized, good time management skills, ability to multi-task and close attention to detail.
- Customer service experience, motivation to serve and a genuine interest in helping others including both internal and external customers.
- Comprehensive product and application knowledge with the ability to provide a high volume of quality problem resolution to customers.
- Competitive nature, strong passion to sell and succeed coupled with a mastery of our sales processes and practices.
- Time intensity that is evidenced by a track record of seizing the moment and bringing the appropriate amount of energy to solve problems and effect change sooner than later.
- History of identifying problems, gathering data, consulting others, soliciting input,weighing the facts, making decisions and effectively implementing the decision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to explain complex issues in a clear and thorough manner as evidenced in personal interviews and via telephone.
- Ability to work effectively with customers at “C” and other levels of management.
- Confidence coupled with necessary empathy to quickly set any customer at ease.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and material quickly, willingness to learn and continue to learn as evidenced by formal education or work experience.
- Ability to work independently or interdependently based upon the circumstances.
- Must maintain satisfactory sales quotas.
- Computer literacy (i.e., Excel, Word, email, Internet)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers and must have a cell phone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may need to operate a motor vehicle during the work shift. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!