Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking an Applications Developer to join our team located in Tonawanda, NY, Danbury, CT, or Houston, TX.
At Praxair we strive to automate and optimize various business processes using software applications. We manage several applications written in various programming languages. The Applications Developer will be responsible for developing applications and supporting businesses within Linde’s Packaged Gases and Equipment business unit.
- Will be responsible for understanding client requirements and translating them into usable software platforms.
- Developing state-of-the-art code to create high performance and secure software for use within Linde’s Gases and Equipment businesses.
- Troubleshooting and debugging of existing applications. Creating wire frames and mock-ups of application architectures.
- Developing technical documentation and modeling system diagrams for end users.
- Developing and debugging integrations with existing applications across multiple platforms.
- Responsible to gather requirements from business and work closely with business analyst to complete the project.
- Handle issues with existing applications as per the SLAs.
- Will work closely with our vendors and guide them appropriately to complete the business requirement.
- A Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 8 years in software development
- Must have knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts, and principles
- Experience working with EDI processing
- Familiarity with at least 1 Cloud Services: Azure / AWS / GCP
- Experience with CI/CD practices & Dev Ops Principles
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Firebase
- Work with Automated Test & UI developers to ensure high-quality, tested, working features
- Use HTTP knowledge, Fiddler traces
- Take UI & automated test tasks, as needed
- Experience working with multiple teams
- Learn, adhere to, and enforce & best practices
- Deliver the highest quality designs & code for the project
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Provide progress updates to team while working tasks
- Research and troubleshooting issues in QA and production
- Embrace Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using Azure DevOps including robust automated continuous integration and continuous build pipelines that automatically execute static code analyzers, design analyzers, unit tests, and integration tests.
- Ability to handle a wide range of different development tasks and adapt to an evolving codebase and environment.
- Experience with web services and APIs.
- Experience with deploying apps on handheld devices is preferred.
- Possess strong communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.