The Airgas employment application takes 5 minutes or less to complete!
Accounts Payable Specialist
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
As a part of our Global Accounts Payable (AP) team you are responsible for Airgas’s automated daily invoice processing, taking ownership of the invoice and approval workflow management process. The AP Specialist provides support to both internal and external customers for all AP inquiries and is accountable for driving process improvements.
In particular you will:
- Utilize the workflow functionality of SAP and Open Text to monitor AP queues and navigate invoices through the automated process.
Process invoices timely and accurately; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Verifies vendor, product, quantity and dollars charged between purchase order information and invoice. Inputs and/or corrects discrepancies as needed.
- Works with Vendors and suppliers on invoicing and billing processes to ensure prompt payment.
- Identify problematic invoices, research, and takes action to both resolve and eliminate future occurrences of the issue. Escalates as appropriate.
Address both internal and external customer based inquiries providing assistance as needed regarding any discrepancies further identifying and recommending a resolution.
Are you a MATCH?
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree with Business coursework highly desired.
- 1 year prior accounts payable or another experience comparable in terms of processing a significant volume of transactions is required. Associate’s degree or higher education may be substituted in lieu of experience.
- Beginner proficiency in MS Excel and Word. Experience with SAP or ERP systems desired.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high accuracy and attention to detail.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability