Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Administrative Assistant will provide overall administrative support to the division. This role is responsible for maintaining efficient and accurate office procedures, providing clerical support to the division staff, keeping meeting minutes, and maintaining administrative records.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Coordinate and perform complex and varied administrative tasks requiring independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures.
- Perform word processing for division staff to include letters, memos, record keeping and meeting minutes.
- Order and maintain office supplies for division while keeping in line with budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate appointments, staff meetings; and professional meetings.
- Serve as point of contact for meeting communications, for assuring the appropriate people participate. Assist departments with functions and meetings including arranging supplies, presentations, retreats, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and staff meetings.
- Work in partnership with the Directors of Clinical Services and their staff on coordination of logistics for division events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree and 1-2 years administrative experience.
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to type 50+ words per minute and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have knowledge of office procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. High energy level and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and as well as work independently. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!