Search for Common Ground is looking for an experienced Accountant with excellent communication and organization skills. You will be an integral member of the accounting team and will ensure the timely execution of accounting day-to-day activities. You are attentive to details and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or payment requests; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and makes modifications as necessary
- Ensures invoices are appropriately approved and coded and costs are appropriately allocated based on vendor invoice and company policy
- Enters vouchers into the financial system through a system preprocessor or manual entry
- Processes payments, enters wire & ACH payment information to online banking platform for approval and processing
- Enters payroll payments for certain staff into the online banking platform in coordination with payroll
- Responds to vendor inquiries, reconciles vendor statements, researches and resolves discrepancies
- Receives and reviews expense reports, vendor invoices, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with Search financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Enters travel transactions in the system
- Prepares and files annual 1096 and 1099’s in compliance with IRS requirements
- Assists with month-end close process
- Provides cash requirement liquidity and projection reports
- Reconciles aged payables account and other assigned GL accounts monthly
- Assists with annual audit disbursements requests and schedules
- Processes monthly cost allocations to the field office
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, and 2+ years accounts payable/general accounting experience
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Intacct and Databasics experience are a plus
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.