About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global data intelligence company delivering insights on what people think in real time. By surveying tens of thousands across the globe every single day, Morning Consult is unmatched in scale and speed: It determines the true measure of what people think and how their decisions impact business, politics and the economy. Industry leaders rely on Morning Consult’s proprietary technology and analysis for real-time, intelligent data to transform information into a competitive advantage.
Morning Consult is looking to add an ambitious, entrepreneurial Account Executive who will continue accelerating our high-velocity bookings growth by attracting and retaining enterprise clients. This role requires the drive and intellectual curiosity to apply our cutting edge market research products to a range of industries and enterprise use cases.
Ideal candidates will thrive in ambiguity. As a rapidly growing startup, success in this role requires taking ownership of the sales pipeline and process, from prospecting new leads, to leading pitch meetings with Fortune 500 executives, to negotiating renewals with internal and external stakeholders.
As one of the members of the Commercial team in Washington, DC, Account Executives will have opportunities to expand their roles and responsibilities, contribute to the company’s go-to-market strategy and competitive positioning, and help build tools and processes that enable their team to scale.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Achieve growth targets and secure timely renewals by attracting and retaining enterprise clients
- Research, develop, and manage new and existing commercial opportunities through in-person events, outbound pitches, and inbound requests
- Steward Salesforce CRM to track activities, manage pipeline, and inform strategic decision-making at the firm
- Help draft sales material, including: client proposals, marketing documents, and case studies
- Partner internally with client services team members, legal, finance and other stakeholders to drive urgency and secure commercial outcomes
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Note: we view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
- 5+ years experience leading sales or account management at a software, data, consulting or market research firm
- Proven track record of professional success and quota attainment
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to synthesize data and articulate insights based on audience
- Knowledge and interest in marketing, communications, data, brand, or public affairs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with survey research and its methods (highly valued, but not required)
- BS/BA or equivalent
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.