WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB seeks a person with up to 5 years of experience to join our Air Quality team in the Watertown, MA or New York City, NY office. A B.S in engineering or a meteorological background, with a strong interest in transportation and air quality, is preferred. VHB is a multi-faceted team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. VHB provides air quality services for a wide range of projects across these markets throughout the planning, engineering, and construction phases. With this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to analyze air quality associated with these projects, utilize various air quality models, prepare reports, and support public outreach efforts to communicate findings.
- Analyze air quality using EPA MOVES, CAL3QHC/CAL3QHCR, AERSCREEN, and AERMOD models
- Prepare greenhouse gas analyses and develop sustainable strategies to reduce the energy related to the project
- Utilize a wide range of technical tools such as GIS, CAD, MATLAB, Java and spreadsheets
- Prepare air quality impact assessments in support of a wide range of clients including highway departments of transportation, rail transit agencies, airports, state environmental agencies and private development companies
- Prepare technical reports on study findings
- Present findings to agencies and clients
Skills and Attributes
- Technical capabilities in math, science, and engineering
- Technical skills in computer modeling, dispersion modeling preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Previous education or experience with air quality preferred
- 0 to 5 years of experience
- S. degree in engineering, transportation, math, physics, environmental science, meteorology, or related field
- Must have a strong interest in learning and practicing air quality consulting
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.