Company Pandemic Response
Ensuring the health and safety of everyone that works at CO-OP is of primary importance to us. The majority of our organization continues to be in a work-from-home status. This allows for better social distancing practices for those of our employees that do remain in our office locations. We continue to work diligently to maintain everyone’s health and safety by keeping the facilities clean, having everyone screened for temperatures upon entry and providing information about symptoms and what to do if employees feel sick. Our COVID response team has been working tirelessly since March and continues to provide transparent communication around COVID cases and re-entry plans.
We are seeking a talented Settlement Accountant II to perform daily settlement and control functions to ensure the proper recording of all settlement transactions. This position completes daily settlement workbooks for clients and general ledger reconciliations.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Accurately completes daily settlement workbooks for clients.
- Completes daily journal entries related to settlement functions.
- Engages in the continuous improvement of settlement functions including documentation and controls.
- Completes general ledger account reconciliations for various settlement accounts.
- Independently manages multiple suspense accounts.
- Completes month end reconciliations.
- Performs back-up duties assigned to other staff as needed.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Associate degree plus 1-3 Years accounting experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily with Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Methodical –have a high attention to detail, and follow through.
- Ability to use sound judgment to recognize when something does not make sense & the willingness to take action.
- Strong diagnostic abilities to solve for variances when they occur for clients.
- Have ability to effectively multi-task.
- Good interpersonal communication, including solid written word communication.
- Ability to adhere to established timeframes.
- Inquisitive and willingness to learn.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- 10-key ability is essential.
- A team player (help others and fill in for them as required).
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.