#MyCHSWhy: Lindsey Cannon from Children’s Home Society Florida on Vimeo.
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida’s history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida’s children and families!
As an Administrative Secretary you will support the growing needs of our programs. You will provide secretarial support to Management staff. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled professional who has a passion for making a positive difference and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida’s history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Compose and/or type routine correspondence, memos, reports, etc.
- Arrange travel schedules, reservations and other necessary accommodations for staff.
- Schedule appointments for staff.
- Provide needed administrative support, which may include clerical accounting duties, database maintenance, assisting in grant or contract proposals, etc.
- File, maintain records, copy, fax and perform other such clerical duties.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide backup coverage for receptionist and other administrative staff in clerical tasks such as answering telephone, opening and distributing mail, etc.
- Order and maintain adequate office supplies. Manage petty cash fund.
- May take dictation and transcribe note or transcribe from voice recordings the minute of management meetings.
- Working knowledge of the secretarial field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of administrative support experience
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications