Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to perform a wide variety of accounting duties while exercising considerable initiative to attain job objectives. Compiles and interprets financial information for journal entries and reconciliations. Maintains a variety of financial and operating systems and data. Monitors and analyzes operational costs and spending for various groups.
1. Accounts for occupancy costs and/or maintenance of the fixed asset subsystem, including review of purchase orders and supporting documentation.
2. Compiles and interprets financial information to prepare journal entries for various general ledger accounts.
3. Prepares monthly general ledger account and bank account reconciliations.
4. Prepares annual budgets and monthly forecasts for various general ledger accounts.
5. Maintains, prepares and distributes reports and information to a variety of internal users.
6. Utilizes Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other system applications to perform complex tasks and multiple processes.
7. Enforces and adheres to company and accounting policies.
8. Maintains compliance with internal controls related to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements in assigned areas.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting required, with one-to-four years of directly related experience preferred.
2. Experience with large-scale ERP accounting systems and related reporting tools preferred; specifically, experience working with SAP and Essbase preferred.
3. Ability to apply considerable ingenuity, initiative, and judgment when making decisions.
4. Skill in analytics and accuracy required.
5. Skill in attention to detail, organization, and effective interpersonal and communication skills required.
6. Skill in functioning within a team environment required.
7. Skill with computers and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.