GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor/Director or designee, the Administrative Coordinator performs complex and varied duties associated with the coordination of departmental administrative functions.
- Participate in the planning and organization of all office functions; including budgeting, policies, procedures, and procurement
- Compile budget information, support department accounting, and assist with all fiscal projects
- Monitor the disbursement of funds to determine appropriateness of expenditures and compliance within budget
- Coordinate travel
- Perform complex and varied executive/administrative functions which require a high degree of independent action
- Design and produce graphics using a variety of software applications
- Train staff in both basic and enhanced use of software applications
- Oversee, train, and monitor clerical staff
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard department records regarding employee job descriptions, performance appraisals, and other sensitive information
- Set priorities and procedures for accomplishing tasks, assign and coordinate support staff activities, and manage the work flow of the department
- Respond to emergencies, independently prioritize activities in the absence of the department heads, and effectively coordinate other resources when necessary
- Act as a liaison and respond to the requests of constituent groups, senior leadership, and employees within the organization
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in executive/administrative coordination, or related experience
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Strong grammar, spelling, and oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated the ability to organize and manage a complex office environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated initiative and independent judgment in organizing and completing projects.